We left early Monday the 13th, and drove the 4.5 hours to Portland. We went straight to Multnomah Falls, which is about 30 minutes outside of Portland. Brandon was hoping to fly his drone but it was so windy that he decided not to! We didn't even end up walking close to the falls because it was so cold and windy. The falls were beautiful, though, and I'm glad we drove out of the way to see them!
| Multnomah Falls |
| Multnomah Falls |
After checking out the falls we headed back to Portland. It was about 1:00 at this point and we were starving! We headed to the Grilled Cheese Grill for lunch. This place is amazing. It's a little food truck that serves all sorts of grilled cheese sandwiches, and then you eat them on an old bus! It was honestly the best grilled cheese I've ever had, and I've eaten a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches! I got a regular grilled cheese, and Brandon had a BLT Grilled Cheese. We got a dessert grilled cheese as well that was on cinnamon swirl bread with nutella, bananas, and cream cheese! To die for! Poor Brandon smacked his head HARD on the bus door when he went to grab our food, despite there being two "Watch Your Head" signs right by the door.
| The roof of the inside of the bus was covered in crazy paintings! |
| Our food!! |
| Brandon's poor head after he smacked it on the door of the bus! |
After eating lunch we headed to some local antique shops! Brandon and I are suckers for antique shops, and the ones in Portland were amazing! I collect Little Golden Books and I found a ton, including a first edition copy of The Alphabet From A to Z!
Next we headed to the Clackamas Town Center Mall. It was stinking huge! We bought a bath bomb from Lush and ate pretzels from Auntie Anne's, and then went to Dave and Buster's! Dave and Busters is a huge arcade. We're children at heart and love arcade games! We spent the rest of then night playing arcade games, and got some pretty great prizes with all our ticket winnings!
We were exhausted by the end of the night so we headed to our hotel. We stayed in the Portland Inn & Suites which was fantastic. Our room was a fantastic size, with a full bathroom and a Jacuzzi! We ordered pizza and sat in the Jacuzzi for over two hours, haha. I've never been so relaxed in my life! I could've fallen asleep in there, truly, and I almost did.
The next day, Valentine's Day, we slept in, and then got up to head to the Oregon Zoo! This was one of the best zoos I've been to. It was plenty big, and unlike some zoos we've been to, wasn't confusing at all to navigate! It was a little bit chilly so some of the animals weren't out, but the ones that were were so fun to see! We even made it to watch the penguin feeding.
| This cute Orangutan had this sheet draped over his head and was just sitting staring at all the people! |
After we finished up at the zoo we headed downtown to Glowing Greens, which is a mini golf place! We were terrible about taking pictures this trip, but this place was so fun! It was all glow in the dark and pirate themed. Brandon ended up winning by 3 points, I believe. I'm terrible at golf. We ate Jimmy John's for lunch and then decided we needed to get out of downtown! We are very much fans of small, unique shops. We were downtown with all the ritzy, expensive shops and weren't feeling it at all. So we headed to The Peculiarium! It's a little shop full of super weird stuff! It was really neat and right up our alley!
| This is Al Capone's actual safe! Pretty neat! |
At this point it was getting to be kind of late, and we still had a 4.5 hour drive home, so we decided to head out! For dinner we decided we were going to stop at Golden Corral. There's one about an hour and a half from our house. We arrived at Golden Corral at 9:04 pm, 4 minutes after it closed. We were both on the verge of peeing our pants and STARVING. I was not happy about it! So we jumped back in the car and decided we would just stop somewhere to use the bathroom, so we ran into Burger King. The Burger King we went into had locks on the bathroom doors that needed a key, and there was no one at the counter, so we left. There was a Denny's only ten minutes away so we decided to stop there for dinner! We finally used the bathroom, and sat down to eat! Service was slow, despite the restaurant being nearly empty, but it was just what we needed!
I'm so glad we decided to go to Portland, even if it was a quick trip! We needed a small vacation before Brandon heads out on deployment, and we're trying to get to all the places on the West Coast that we still want to before we get a new set of orders! There were a ton of places in Portland that we didn't hit, but we hit all the places we wanted to go!
To see more of our trip, check out our vlog! Krampus Baby! Valentine's Day Vlog


No comments:
Post a Comment